Most birthdays have been FANTASTIC! Especially milestone birthdays.
16th- Brandy threw me a surprise birthday party. I HAD NO IDEA! It was really cool, Mom and Dad also gifted me my first piece of adult jewelry.
21st- Cocktail party at my parent's house. It was my first experience with booze and Katrina's first experience using her newly acquired bar tending license. Jump to the end of the night, There was red jello vomit everywhere and I was crying like someone had just shot my dog. The next day I cried some more because I was experiencing the worst hangover of my life (it was my first, I had nothing to compare it to) and I swore I would never drink again. 2 weeks later I was spewing red wine and pasta all over the floor and spoke the same words the next day. I just can't make the phrase stick.
25th- Melissa and I had a combo birthday celebration. So much fun and the best part was Dad joining in all of our crazy shenanigans. He stayed out to last call at Rasputins getting his groove on in the grossest dive bar in Burlington.
30th- I don't know what will happen but I have a feeling this will be an AWESOME birthday celebration with Heather, Anthony, Nate and a bunch of my closest friends that I will be meeting for the first time that night. CAN'T WAIT!
To ring in this new decade of my life which I am excited for, I have decided to copy Heather. If there is ever a good idea it is probably because she said it/made it/offered it, I will be doing 30 things to do when I turn 30. I'm hoping to keep track of these momentous experiences on here as my own virtual scrapbook.
1. Visit Graceland. I'm living closer to TN than I have in my entire life. I can't wait to see this tourist trap.
2. Roadtrip to visit Grandparents. I love driving :)
3. Cruise. Nate and I need a vacation and I am already dreaming of tropical drinks and cheesy couples portraits.
4. Quilt. I need to figure out how to use my sewing machine and make something to keep me or someone small warm.
5. Grow something that I can eat from a seed. Herb/Veggie/Fruit but nothing illegal.
6. Master the art of sourdough. Tackle the process of making/maintaining a starter and turn it into bread that doesn't taste like a hard, dense brick.
7. Learn how to tame my eyebrows. I need some tweezers and a good DIY guide instead of relying on my BF Sarah to tame them every 6 months when I go home. How hard can it be.
8. With that being said, this is the year I learn how to use my curling iron. It must be able to do something useful. All I can get it to do it make my hair hot. There must be instructions or something on Youtube to help me become better at styling my own hair. Ponytails are getting boring.
9. Enter some 5K races. 3 would be my goal, anymore than that is icing on the cake!
10. Visit the Land of Oz amusement park in NC. There is a link on my Pinterest board. It's sounds so cool, it's been shut down for years but they have one weekend in the fall where previous employees give a tour and work on preserving it.
11. Check out Mount Olive. It's a real place in NC that hosts the pickle factory. They don't give tours but they do have a gift shop. I LOVE PICKLES. I wonder if they have sample or oddities there. I will investigate.
12. I need to visit Emma and Pat and Mongie in Boston before any of them leave.
13. Make some candles. They cost too much to buy. I know I can make them, it can't be that hard. I got a block of wax at GoodWill for $2.00. It's a sign from the universe that I should make these.
14. I have started crocheting again. I need to branch out and try to make something circular like a HAT. I have too many scarves and nothing to keep my ears warm.
15. I did get a degree in Spanish, it would be nice to refresh myself on the language. Hoping to take an intro class or Medical Terminology in Spanish at a local community college. Especially since the hospital will pay for 50% of it. Why not? OLE!
16. I am new here, I can't rely on Heather and Anthony for everything and I can't use the excuse of school. I need to make some FRIENDS.
17. Food Festival. There are a lot of them around here. I like Beer and BBQ, I can try Bourbon even though I think I will hate it. Opening up my palate to some new experiences.
18. Hot Yoga.
19. Join a Book Club. I like to read and maybe I can make some friends. 2 birds in one stone.
20. Volunteer somewhere. I like the idea of Meals on Wheels or some place with an older population. Put out some good karma into the universe.
21. Bike Trip. Not like the one Emma and Pat are doing. I'm thinking something more like a day trip. Supposedly NC has the largest bike path interstate system in the country. I'm hoping I can find something related to that and take off on 2 wheels.
22. Do a couple of REAL push ups. Not the girls version, the real way. I want some pipes for arms, ggrrrarrrrrr! I'll be RIPPED! Or at least a little stronger than I am now....
23. Watch Gone with the Wind. I have not seen the saga from start to finish. It's a classic, I'm in the south, Scarlette and I have a similar dramatic flair, why not?
24. Read 10 books. I know Nate is reading 30 but I'm busy doing all this other stuff too!
25. Hike something scenic around here.
26. Visit Asheville, NC
27. Try Chicken and Waffles. Apparently there are some places around here that do it pretty well. Clog my arteries!
28. New Ink, on my body (Sorry Mom!)
29. Learn how to make homemade sausage. I've got Katrina's Grandmother's meat grinder, I need to put it to good use.
30. Go to the North Carolina State Fair. Anything you can imagine battered and deep fried is probably there.