- 1 cup raw almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios, pecans, walnuts, cashews, or peanuts
- 4 teaspoons agave syrup (nectar)- I used Maple Syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Calories (kcal) 90
- Fat (g) 8
- Saturated Fat (g) .5
- Cholesterol (mg) 0
- Carbohydrates (g) 5
- Dietary Fiber (g) 1
- Total Sugars (g) 3
- Protein (g) 1
- Sodium (mg) 70
PREPARATIONView Step-by-Step Directions
- Place nuts in a large bowl and add water to cover by 2”. Let stand at least 12 hours (this is key for silky, nongritty results; the longer the nuts soak, the smoother the milk will be).
- Drain nuts; discard soaking liquid. Purée nuts, agave, salt, and 4 cups very hot water (but not boiling; hot water yields creamier milk) in a blender on high speed until very smooth, about 2 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl, pressing down on solids; discard nut pulp. Thin nut milk with water as necessary to reach desired consistency. Transfer to airtight container and chill until cold.